Saturday, December 17, 2011

Not 'Good-Bye', just...'See You Later'

With growth comes change, understanding and transformation.

When I made the decision to discuss my journey with auto-immune disease, I followed the blue print: try to "create a brand", tweet, FB, blog, advocate for your cause, etc. I see now this is not the best practice for me, I don't want to generalize my self to just speaking out for "my cause", like I see others doing.

The discussion goes beyond my ups & downs, and certain aspects of "Spoonie Chic" haven't been beneficial to the positive energy required to make a difference...I can't find the balance with 'Spoonie Chic' so she is leaving the scene.

I'm making some revisions to my platform, which involves saying good-bye to this format of blogging as well (we all have gifts, and this matter of blogging isn't right for me...ha!) I also had to make some changes to my FB/Twitter accounts and I will send out notices of the change if you wish to continue with me on this journey (and I really hope you will!)


I've learned a lot about who I am and who I want to be as an auto-immune advocate, as a mother and as a person during this process and for that, I am thankful.

Hey, a butterfly isn't a butterfly until it comes out of the cocoon: so this is me, breaking free from the conformity of being an advocate!  

I can't thank you guys enough for your support and love as I tried to make an imprint in this manner, but you will see me around...no worries.



I'll have some colorful wings on so you can see me!

Much love and many blessings as we continue on this journey called life.

formally known as, SpoonieChic

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes you need to make a change!

    You have to do what feels right for you. It'll be alright. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been where you are, trust me. Enjoy where you go and thanks for being honest and responsible and not just disappearing like many do.

    ReplyDelete